The Congregation of the Ursulines of Mary Immaculate was founded by BI.Mother Brgida Morello of Jesus in the year 1649 in Piacenza in Italy. It has spread its roots in the countries of Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa. The first batch of Five Italian pioneers set foot on the Indian soil on 12th Nov 1934. Over the years the Congregation has spread to the four corners of this vast country. Bl.Brigida received from the Lord the mandate of perfect love of God and neighbor. Inspired by this, the Ursuline sisters, engage themselves in schools, Hospitals, Homes for the aged, Orphanages, and various fields of scio-pastoral and humanitarian works. The first apostolate we must carry out according to the directives of Bl.Brigida consists in forming souls in the love of God. This apostolate is done, first of all, by the Christian education of youth. Hence every ursuline, by virtue of her heritage and charism, considers education as an integral apostolate of the mission. Education is essentially a service and a means of liberation from ignorance and illiteracy.